The last time I came on this forum was in 2011, before our summer road trip in California.
In 2013, we’d like to see the east part of the USA and Canada. We already visited Philadelphia, DC, and New York City in 2008. And, very important, we WANT to visit Chicago.
Could you give your advice and ideas on this 3 weeks trip :
1) Paris Chicago + Chicago
4) Chicago + Amtrak to Buffalo (9:00 pm – 9:00 am)
5) Day and Night at Niagara Falls after picking a rental car at Buffalo Airport
7) 1000 Island and Ottawa
8) Ottawa – Gatineau Park, road to Montreal and Montreal the evening (quick look)
9) Road to Quebec City and day in this city
10) Charlevoix – Beaupré – Riviere Malbaie
11) Taddoussac (fjord) – excursion to the whales
12) Ferry and road to Fundy (east coast)
13) Fundy to Acadia NP
14) Acadia and road to the White Mountains in the evening.
15) White Mountains (Franconia Notch – Mount Washington – etc…)
16) Road to Boston and MIT – Cambridge
18) Cape Cod
19) Newport – one of the great mansions (the breakers) – New Haven
20) All around New York by car (what should we see by car ? Staten Island, long beach, Bronx, queens, new jersey????) We return the car in the evening
22) NY and flight to Europe at 21:00 pm