Thanks in advance for your suggestions. My boyfriend and I would like to take a road trip for the 4-day Thanksgiving holiday, starting from Albany, NY. The challenge is that we have no idea where to go!
- We're open to traveling in ANY direction but are restricted to US travel only (no passport).
- We don't mind driving long distances -- up to 12 hours in a day -- as long as there are some sights along the way.
- Natural beauty is as of equal importance as activities.
- We're enjoy outdoors, cultural, artistic and historic activities.
- We can camp (yes, I know it will be cold in late November!) and will bring gear in case its preferred.
Any suggestions on destinations or routes? All thoughts are welcome!