1. Default Trip from Bristol, CT to Los Angeles, CA in late Oct. - early Nov.

Hello all,

This is my first post here and I was wondering if you all could give me some advice. I am planning a trip from CT to CA and I want to travel the Northern route if possible. Some of the things I want to see on the way are Baseball HOF and Niagara falls in NY, Rock & Roll HOF in Cleveland, the city of Chicago in IL, The Field of Dreams in IA, the Badlands MT Rushmore and Deadwood in SD, Devil's Tower Yellowstone and Grand Teton in WY, Salt Lake City and Zion in Utah, and finally Las Vegas before arriving in LA. I will be leaving Oct. 28th and need to be in LA by Nov 10th. I was wondering if I could realistically see everything on my list, if everything will be open that I want to see, and just any overall tips. What is the weather going to be like in those areas? Should I expect to hit any snow? What are some of the things I should take with me? This will be my first time traveling across the country and I really want it to be memorable, but at the same time I don't need to linger at any of the places on the list. I'm trying to find out how long it will take to check out each of these sites and maybe some ways to optimize my trip anyway possible. Thank you all for your help with this!

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

In general, without specifically plotting it out, I think you'd have enough time to at least get a brief look at the places you've listed.

The one big potential problem is going to Yellowstone. Even now, the park is already starting to move into winter mode, and nearly all of the roads within the park close on November 5th. It would appear that's after the date you'd likely be there. If you did make it there in time, you'd certainly have to expect to be dealing with some snow. Its also possible to see snow pretty much anywhere on your on your trip too, although you are traveling early enough in the season that its somewhat unlikely you'd see a major storm that would severely impact your plans.