1. Default Need help to plan a trip from San francisco to Las Vegas in 2 weeks

Hi everybody first time here, found this forum while browsing the web and it seems the right place to ask this questions :)

Me and my wife (pregnant) going to have honeymoon\last trip before entering the new chapter in our life in USA for 25 days.

We are starting the trip by meeting friends in Oakland CA but after that we are renting a car for 3 days which the end route is Vegas but we would help to find the right route.

What we want to do is have a relax but fun\romantic drive with stops in a couple of towns and sightseeing of some nature beauty spots like lakes and green landscapes and forests. I know there are alot of parkes in the area but I don't really know how to plan it and what is possible to do in start of october around the area and where to find a nice place to sleep, can someone please advice me a trip as stated above, I would really appreciate it!!

I hope I didn't miss any details, Thanks in Advanced!

Tucson, AZ

Default Easy Choice

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

If what you want is "some nature beauty spots like lakes and green landscapes and forests", then the clear choice for you is to initially head east to Yosemite National Park. That would be [i]via[/i[ I-205 and CA-120. You may be fortunate enough to find an opening at this late date, but due to an outbreak of hantavirus, I cannot recommend staying in the tent-cabins in the park at the present time.

After a night in or near the park, plan to continue east on CA-120 and crossing Tioga Pass to Lee Vining, Mono Lake, and Inyo National Forest. Depending on how much time you enjoy hiking in those locations, you'll spend the second night somewhere along US-395. Bishop is the largest town with the most options, but there's also Big Pine and Lone Pine.

On your third day, take CA-136 out of Lone Pine to CA-190 through Death Valley National Park, which has natural beauty if not green landscapes. That will set you up for taking the "locals' route" from the junction of CA-190 and CA-127 down Ash Meadows and Bell Vista Roads to Parhump NV and NV-160 to Las Vegas.