1. Default 10 Day West Coast Trip (Photographer) (Solo Trip)

Hi Everyone! First post on this forum! There seems to be a ton of info on these boards; though, I am looking for some specific pleaces to visit that other photographers would suggest. I have a 14 day vacation the first 2 weeks of janurary and would like to spend 10 of those days heading north and back from Fresno, Ca. I am a nature kind of guy and would love to visit mostly bodies of water and see some mountains. I would like to exclude santa cruz, SF, and pismo/morrobay from my list of suggested places as I have been there enough. Id like to go up or/wsh as well. Any suggestions for route and places?

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default A couple hundred possibities

January.... hmmm, not sure the road to Mono Hot Springs will be open, but if it is, there are some ideal places to shoot morning light on the lakes on the way up there. Here's a bit more about Mono Hot Springs. Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum.

This post by Jeff Green provides evidence for supporting my idea about using this as your prime photo hunting area...

As you already know, there are lots of places with lakes and streams in California. As a photographer -- you might really enjoy shooting time exposures at Burney Falls.

And there's nothing quite like Mono Lake on the eastern slope of the Sierras.

How far afield from Fresno would you like to go?

3. Default

I have always wanted to explore northern Ca. Mountains and Lakes, I just dont know which ones are prettiest in Janurary and which ones are the most photogenic. I wouldnt mind heading to Crater Lake either. As long as I get back in 10 days im VERY open to suggestions! Thanks for your quick response ill check those links out now!

4. Default

Also, I drive a Honda Coupe (Civic). Keep that in mind, thats the car I will be taking!

Joplin MO

January in the mountains in a Civic? Do you have a set of tire chains?