1. Default first time snowbirds

HELP.. We are going to Az for the months of Jan and Feb for the first time. We would like to takr the southern route and not afraid of weather. We would like to stop and take in the sites ie: Knoxville,Memphis. Looking at the maps after that the states of Arkansas,Oklahoma,Texas,New Mexico Could you help us with interesting things to see along the way. Also hotels that you could suggest. We have time since my husband just retired for the NYC Fire dept and finally want to take this road trip. Thank you for all your help...

Tucson, AZ

Default One Basic Question We Need Answered

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird ny-az
    ...after that the states (are) Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico (and Arizona)
    Unfortunately, that's simply not specific enough of a route for us to be able to help you. At a minimum, we would need to know whether you plan to follow (basically) I-40 to Flagstaff and/or Phoenix, or US-70/US-60/I-10 to Tucson.

3. Default

AZ Buck, Unfortunately we have not gotten that far yet. We do know we will be in Phoenix.As far as mapping with highways we have not done any of that yet. I think this website will help with that. I asked this question without really looking I could get all my answers here. So glad I found this. Thanks for your prompt responce.

Tucson, AZ

Default Phoenix Will Do

If you're headed for anywhere in 'northern' Arizona, including Phoenix, then your route of choice will be I-40 for most of the way through the states you mentioned. In that case, some of the most visited attractions along that route would be the Oklahoma city Memorial, Cadillac ranch outside Amarillo, Petroglyph National Monument outside Albuquerque, and Petrified Forest National Park. I'd also suggest that you look at leaving I-40 at Holbrook ad using AZ-377/AZ-277/AZ-260/AZ-87 down through Payson as a scenic route into northeastern Phoenix. You'll have enough time in the area for some short trips up through Sedona and Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon later in the season.