1. Default Buffalo, NY to St. Louis to New Orleans and back to Buffalo, NY

Hi, I'm new here!
    My boyfriend and I are traveling from Buffalo, NY to Louisiana for the Angola Prison Rodeo in October. On the way there we plan on stopping in St. Louis to see the Gateway Arch. We are also planning on going to New Orleans. I am looking for any other suggestions of places to see.
    Thank you!

Tucson, AZ

Default Sure, Here Are a Few

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Great places to visit, and great roads connecting them are everywhere. A few that fall within range of your travels would include: the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Natural History Museum and Cuyahoga Valley National Park, all in the Cleveland area; the Wright Brothers' shops and homes as well as the US Air Force Museum in Dayton; the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Museum; the Arch, the Museum of westward Expansion, the Zoo, and Grant's Farm in St. Louis; the historic and quaint old French river town of Ste. Genevieve; Graceland, Beale Street and Sun Studios in Memphis; some portion of the Natchez Trace Parkway....and all those are just on the drive down. If you're taking a more direct route back from New Orleans to Buffalo, there's also: the Natchez Trace Parkway (all the way to Nashville?) and if you take that - Elvis' boyhood home in Tupelo; Mammoth Cave in central Kentucky; and scenic roads along the Ohio River and through Amish country in east central Ohio around Millersburg.

I am a St. Louisan - some of my favorites from the region:

The Old Chain of Rocks bridge, an outdoor brunch in the Central West End, a concrete at Ted Drewes, and barbecue at Pappy's.

As an aside, the best view of the Arch you will get will be on your way into town from I-55 on the East side of the river.

PM me if you have any other questions.