1. Default NY - Miami small roadtrip

Hi!

Me and my buddies (we are 10 peepz, 22-25y old) are going to America from March 1st - 18th and are going from New York airport down to Ft. Lauderdale where we are going to stay for about 1 week. But from New York to Ft.lauderdale we would lake to take some minor detours to visit places and do stuff! Problem is we don't know anything about where to go except the 2 places we already have in mind wich are Atlantic City (some of us are gamblers) and Orlando (waterparks and stuff). We are going to be on the road for 4-6 days depending on how much 'things to do' we find.

So, help us find things to do on the road to Ft.lauderdale, as i said some minor detours are ok! And any suggestions are welcome!

If anyone know any concerts or festivals during the dates we are going i would like to know! altough we have some different taste in music most of us like either Rock or Metal. But House/Techno is fine to (for the babes ofc).

Default Reality

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

I have to ask whether you’ve already looked into the cost of your rental cars for this endeavor, and how you plan to handle the driving chores. With ten participants, and all their luggage, you are going to need a minimum of three sedans. The weekly rental on these cars is actually one of the smaller charges you’ll face. If you plan to leave the cars in Fort Lauderdale, you can count on an additional $200-300 for each of the cars to cover the one-way drop off fee. Then there are the underage driver fees. For each and every one of you who is under 25 and plans to do any driving during your RoadTrip, you will have to pay $25/day for the entire period that you have the car. Thus, if you rent the car for a week, and a 24 year old wants to drive for 5 minutes, it will cost him $175. If he wants to drive 5 minutes in one car and 10 minutes in another, that’s $350 extra for the privilege.

There is no need to go to Atlantic City if all you want to do is gamble. There are now countless Indian tribes, states, and municipalities who are more than eager to help you separate from you cash in a ‘friendly’gaming atmosphere. March is a little early for the beach clubs to be open, so what I’d suggest in general is that you plan on following the piedmont/foothills of the Appalachian Mountains southward, hitting college towns along the way. This is Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) territory and many of its institutions are known, for good reason, as party schools.

AZBuck

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AZBuck View Post
    Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

I have to ask whether you’ve already looked into the cost of your rental cars for this endeavor, and how you plan to handle the driving chores. With ten participants, and all their luggage, you are going to need a minimum of three sedans. The weekly rental on these cars is actually one of the smaller charges you’ll face. If you plan to leave the cars in Fort Lauderdale, you can count on an additional $200-300 for each of the cars to cover the one-way drop off fee. Then there are the underage driver fees. For each and every one of you who is under 25 and plans to do any driving during your RoadTrip, you will have to pay $25/day for the entire period that you have the car. Thus, if you rent the car for a week, and a 24 year old wants to drive for 5 minutes, it will cost him $175. If he wants to drive 5 minutes in one car and 10 minutes in another, that’s $350 extra for the privilege.

There is no need to go to Atlantic City if all you want to do is gamble. There are now countless Indian tribes, states, and municipalities who are more than eager to help you separate from you cash in a ‘friendly’gaming atmosphere. March is a little early for the beach clubs to be open, so what I’d suggest in general is that you plan on following the piedmont/foothills of the Appalachian Mountains southward, hitting college towns along the way. This is Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) territory and many of its institutions are known, for good reason, as party schools.

AZBuck
    Thanks for the answer, very useful! And sorry i'm late with this response but why do you think we should go through the Appalachian Mountains exactly? Does the collegestudents have open parties or some special places they go to ? Just wondering :)