Thread: Vegas to Canyon

1. Default Vegas to Canyon

I am flying to Vegas on Sept. 7th and plan on staying 3 nights there and then driving to the Grand Canyon. I will fly out of Vegas on the 13th. We have considered driving to Sedona and staying there 2-3 nights so we could drive to the Canyon for day trips and have other things to do as well. We have also considered taking another route and going to Bryce and Zion. Which idea would be better. I do not have rooms booked yet other than the Vegas stay. I know I have a lot to pack into a short trip so I don't really want to be overwhelmed either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Also suggestions on day trips while staying in Vegas.

South of England.

Default 'Grand loop'.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

What works best really is an individual choice. If it were I, I would do the 'Grand loop' and from Vegas head to Zion, Bryce and then the GC before returning to Vegas. If you have 4 days for this I would spend 1 night in Zion, 1 night at Bryce canyon and 2 at the GC, giving you a day and a half there when you consider travel time.

It could possibly work better if you had 2 nights in Vegas at the start and another at the end of your trip [or vice versa] so that you don't have to travel back to Vegas on the same day as catching your flight. From Vegas you could drive out to Death Valley and/or Valley of Fire State park as day trips. Some more ideas here.

Joplin MO

Following Dave's suggestion, you could spend 1 night at the GC and the next night at Sedona.