1. Default Colorado to (suggestions?)

I've never been on a road trip before. My friend from Wisconsin and I are planning a road trip from November 15-25. We're thinking that he would drive out to Denver (where I live) and we would proceed from there. The only place we for sure want to go right now is the Redwood National Park in Cali. My friend may want to visit New Mexico or Canada as well, but we don't know anything to see there at the end of November. Any suggestions of what we could do? Any suggestions for where else we should go are welcomed too!

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default Getting started on this adventure!

Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! The possible routes you've outlined above could constitute thousands of miles. Ten days does give you some flexibility, but you need to think about how many miles you want to drive in a day. The sorts of activities that appeal to both of you and what kind of car you'll be using.

First things, first. Just about every human alive has a different notion about what constitutes a road trip. The first thing I'd suggest is that both you and your friend take this little quiz and determine if you are planning the same kind of a road trip.

Next item would be how much money do you have for this adventure?

Once you know the answers to these questions, we'd be happy to offer some route ideas.

In the meantime, here are some routes that you might find helpful....

Joplin MO

If you want to go to Canada, you will both need passports to get back into the US.