Thread: Road trip

1. Default Road trip

My husband and I are driving from Atlanta to Vegas in October. I am looking for things to see and places to eat that we can't get at home. Any ideas?

South of England.

Default Nothing to work with.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

I would recommend you do a little reading and open a good map of the US and look for things that you find interesting. With thousands of possible route combinations and even more in the way "things to see" it's impossible to make meaningful suggestions, especially as we know nothing of your interests, how long you have for the trip or route you might opt for.

We will do our best to help when you have sorted the basics of your trip out but untill then we would just be taking shots in the dark. Enjoy the planning, it's a fun part of the trip !

Southern California

Welcome aboard RTA, and I will second Dave's suggestion that we can help when you give us a bit more information!

As for things to husband and I do one of the following:

Before we go, we check out TV shows like Man Vs. Food and other travel channel offerings, to see if anything is interesting.

This year, we checked out the latest edition of "Roadfood" from the library and looked to see what was interesting in there.

Easier, though: when you check into a motel/hotel, ask at the desk for what's good that's local. Often they will send you to something they enjoy! We've found some of the best restaurants in a given area that way, and have avoided the chains for dinners.

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Default If you're going through Albuquerque

The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta runs from October 6th to October 14th this year. Lots of fun – as long as Mother Nature cooperates and doesn’t send too much wind or rain our way. There’s plenty of good food, too. Here’s a local foodie blog you might find interesting.

Have a great trip!