Default Driving out motorhome from Victoria to Phoenix

Hi - This will be our first trip off the Island in our Motorhome. My wife and I are planning to drive from Victoria,BC to Phoenix, AZ in late September. We have a home in Gilbert, Az and may venture farther after a fews days stop depending how this first trip goes ? Any tips or suggestions on routes and RV parks along our way would be most helpful. We are thinking taking anywhere from 5-8 days depending what we see and where we stop. Thank you. Brent and Kelly

South of England.

Default A little to vague.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

If you are returning to Victoria then you should plan on one route out and a different one back, but with between "5-8 days" and the chance to wander a bit, makes it impossible to make meaningful suggestions, especially as we know nothing of your interests.

What I suggest you do is open up a good map of the US and do a little research and reading [RTA has endles amounts of ideas, tips and suggestions] and when you have a few dots on the map we can help to fill in the blanks.

We love to travel by RV when in the States and the National and State Parks take some beating if you like nature. Me, I would probably be looking at heading south via places such as Crater Lake, the Redwoods on the coast, maybe San Fran to Yosemite NP and Death Valley. On the way back I would be looking at Grand canyon, Monument Valley, Lake Powell, Antelope canyon and the NP's of Southern Utah [Zion, Bryce] and back through Salt Lake City, Craters of the Moon and Mt Ranier being another couple of options of many.