1. Default Bc road trip help

Could someone possibly suggest a route starting in Vancouver and ending in whistler? (about 7 days)

All we really know is that we want to see the best of the rocky mountains, other that that we're open to suggestion.

Tom & Lucy

Tucson, AZ

Default All the Time in the World

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Vancouver to Whistler is only 77 miles, meaning you only have to cover 11 miles a day, But I'm sure you want to see a bit more than that, so let's look at a loop trip that does see some of the best of the Rockies and gets you back to Whistler. The fairly obvious choice, I think would be one that heads out east on the Crowsnest Highway through Crowsnest Pass as far as Lundbreck AB. But even as scenic as that is, it's just the warm-up for the next bit. Head north up AB-22 bypassing Calgary and hopping on the Trans-Canada up to Banff and then start the trek back west through Yoho, Glacier and Mount Revelstoke National Parks. At Cache Creek you'd leave the Trans-Canada and jog north on BC-97 to BC-99 to complete the journey to Whistler.

Melbourne, Australia

Default Sea to Sky Highway

Be sure to check out Lillooet, a really neat little place. Not far from there is a series of three glacier lakes. It is a short hike to the glacier which feeds them. Well worth it. There are some small provincial parks along this way, as well as Giribaldi Prov. Park. Not far south of Whistler in Giribaldi, is a short hike up to the falls. And Squamish is a really neat little place.

You could easily spend two full days, on the Sea to Sky Highway. It has many attractions and is a beautiful drive.

4. Default

thanks for all your messages!

i have drawn up a more "realistic" route for 7-9 days driving.

ignore all the waypoints, they are just for reference and so that google mapped the route out the way i wanted. as i want the route to be more scenic and these roads seem to come highly recommended.

could people possibly suggest towns to stop off in on this route?

places to stopover etc

we definitely want to Kayak on Moraine Lake in Banff!

thanks again,

Tom and Lucy