1. Default San Francisco to Las Vegas RV Round Trip

I'm looking to plan a road trip off the back of a business trip to SFO in September. I was hoping to do the following loop:

SFO > Monterey
    Monterey > Cambria
    Cambria > Santa Barbara
    Santa Barbara > Las Vegas (via LAX)
    Las Vegas > Grand Canyon (Day Trip)
    Las Vegas > Death Valley
    Death Valley > Yosemite
    Yosemite > SFO

I have a few questions. Firstly, How doable is this in 10 days? I have been to SFO lots so won't be spending any time there. I'm not fussed about staying in LAX but would like to drive through Hollywood if possible. I'd like to stay 2 nights in Las Vegas and spend one day out at the Grand Canyon. Secondly, is this doable with a compact RV? Is it easy enough to find places to pitch up for the night?

This forum is great and has so much information its almost mind boggaling. Any advice, or information would be greatly received. I've driven in the US before but not a RV.

There are so many beautiful sights i'd like to see but not sure i will be able to squeeze them all in.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default very busy

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I think your plan is a decent one except for a couple things.

First, the Grand Canyon is just too far away from Vegas to do it as a daytrip, at 5 hours each way, it just doesn't leave time left to see the Canyon. It would be better to drive to GC directly from LA. That drive can be done in a long day, although its probably too much if you are starting from Santa Barbara.

The other is the timing. It could be done, but I think you'll be pretty rushed. If it were me, I would at least consider skipping LA altogether, and head across to Grand Canyon after checking out the central coast, by taking CA-46, CA-99, and CA-58 through Bakersfield and Barstow.

South of England.

Default Busy.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

Your trip is certainly doable but it's going to be quite busy. If you are not to fussed about Hollywood either I think I would tend to stay away from LA in an RV, considering the time you have as well. I would also consider going to the Grand canyon first to save a few miles heading into Vegas twice, as the Grand canyon NP is certainly not a day trip from Vegas.

For the Grand canyon and Yosemite I would recommend trying to secure an RV site asap asa they are very popular and the numbers are limited. Mather campground at GC is lovely and in the Trailer Park next door there are Hook ups. For Yosemite I would book one of the 'Pines' campgrounds in the heart of the valley. In Vegas, the Oasis RV resort is very nice and not too far from the strip, [although a cab ride away] alternatively 'Circus Circus' has RV parking on the strip, but is more of a parking lot. From Vegas to Yosemite you would need an overnight stop, somewhere around Bishop or Mammoth Lakes would be a good area to do so.