1. Default Dallas, New Orleans, Houston - in 10 days? Advice welcome!

Hi everyone!

I am from the UK and my husband, my brother and his girlfriend are looking to do a road trip, lasting around 10 days (maybe longer?).

We are thinking of flying into either Dallas or Houston, going to New Orleans, then out of Dallas or Houston (depending on where we flew into!) and visiting places along the way.

Never been to this part of the US. Our main focus is New Orleans but thought we should explore other places while we are nearby! (We have done a Californian road trip and loved it, so thought we should do another one!)

We are between 27-35 years of age. Looking for friendly places to go. Love music and food (looking forward to BBQ and Cajun food!). Will be doing this trip in April 2013. Just wondered what recommendations there are? San Antonio maybe? Places along the coast?

Any suggestions are welcome! :-)

Tucson, AZ

Default Also in the Area

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

A couple of locations are definitely worth adding to your itinerary. The first is Austin TX which has an incredibly vibrant music scene and is home to the Salt Lick BBQ. the later is a bit out of the way and can get incredibly crowded, but with a little pre-planning can be a tale-worthy experience. The other is the Creole Nature Trail in southwestern Louisiana.