Default 6 days enough for a Road trip from Orange County to Grand Canyon and Bryce?

I was wondering if 6 days was enough to do a road trip from Orange County, CA to visit the Grand Canyon and maybe Bryce National Park? We have a family of 5 (3 children, 9, 11 and 16). Are we better off just sticking to one place? I can probably extend it to 7 days as a last resort. Any recommendations would be great.

Here's some of the ideas that I'm thinking about:

Road trip to explore the Grand Canyon in Arizona for the whole week (2 of the 6 or 7 days reserved for driving)
    Road trip to explore both the Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion National Parks. (2 of the 6 or 7 days reserved for driving)

South of England.

Default Personal choice.

This really is an individual choice with both options being viable, although you would need 3 days driving to include the parks of Southern Utah. That might end up being a little too 'busy' for your tastes [and the childrens] but could still be done. Personally I would probably opt for GC and Zion and do a loop trip back to OC. Zion is on a more direct route and I think the Kids would enjoy it more with the easy Riverside walks etc, it's a wonderful NP.

A day travelling to the GC and a couple of days there before driving to Zion would leave a day and a half at Zion before the drive back to OC. With the extra day it would make it easier to visit Bryce canyon or just break the journey down a bit. If you decided to stick around the GC you could also consider a trip to Monument valley, Sunset Crater and Cameron Trading post, perhaps a trip along parts of old route 66 on the way.

The Netherlands

Count on 8-9 hours between OC and SR, 6 hours between SR and Bryce and 9 hours between Bryce and OC. Full day at GC is recommended but make a reservation If booked call for cancellation 888 297 2757 Other lodging in Tusayan at the south entrance Between GC and Bryce you'll find places like Cameron Trading Post and Page (if you take us89). Also lots of things to see in Page like Antelope Canyons, Horseshoebend, Colorado Riverraft, Lake Powell etc. If you limit yourselves to GC, Bryce and Zion I'd do
    1. To GC
    2. GC
    3. GC-Bryce
    4. Bryce-Zion
    5. Zion
    6. To OC.