Default Your ideal Colorado road trip-I have two weeks to ride and stay.

Planning a two week road trip next summer with my wife and a Sky convertible all over Colorado. Coming in from N. Louisiana, to Santa Fe. Then wherever we end up. Willing to camp, hotel, and state park cabins, what ever. No hardcore plan, but not totally winging it either. Would like to have a flexible agenda. Been to Colorado Springs, Durango, and most of Southern Colorado. but would like good advise on spending more time in the central to northern part of the state. No off road possibilities. Any advise would be appreciated.
    Have fun, Be safe, and may God bless.

South of England.

Default Lots of options.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

What is more important is what will make the trip ideal for you and your tastes. There is much to see and do in Colorado, such as Great Sand Dunes NP, Pikes peak, Garden of the Gods, Cave of the Winds, Mt Evans highway, Rocky mountain NP, Currecanti National Recreation area, Black canyon, Colorado National Monument, historic towns such as Leadville, Aspen, Telluride and Silverton and great driving roads like the Million dollar Highway, the Trail Ridge Road in RMNP, Loveland Pass and then there are the Hot pools of Glenwood and Pagosa Springs to name a few. You could even edge into Utah and visit Arches and Canyonlands NP's near Moab and back into Colorado to Mesa Verde NP to create a loop. Our last trip was in an RV through Colorado and the Four corners which you may get a few ideas from it here.

You will find much more looking around and as your trip develops keep asking questions as you go.

WOW, really appreciate the advise. the routes you outlined are fantastic. now i can start the process of park reservations and a flexible itenerary. the key word is flexible. i will probably make reservations and stay in an area and make day trips to local points of interest or just hang out.
    retirement is gonna be so cool.