1. Default Seattle to Minneapolis - advice please

My husband and I are moving from Seattle to Minneapolis; we'll be driving our car there over 3-5 days (our stuff will take longer than that to arrive, so we're not in a rush). We'll be leaving at the end of next week, and are trying to decide on a route. My husband would like to stop in the badlands, so we're considering doing a more southern drive; we also definitely want to spend some time at Lake Coeur d'Alene. Other than that, we're interested in having a nice drive with some fun stops or maybe a little hiking. Very very open to suggestions and advice.

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

The first thing you need to understand is that even at a speed run pace, this would be 3 hard days of driving, so you're going to need at least 4 or 5 days to start adding extra places into the mix.

Your primary route options would be to follow I-90 mostly the whole way. Yellowstone would be just a short detour away, but it is also a very big park that takes some time to see. Little Bighorn, the Black Hills (Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park, Jewel/Wind Caves, Devils Tower, etc), and of course the badlands are all short detours from this main path.

The other option would be to go a bit farther north. Glacier NP would be one potential stop, as you make your way east toward I-94. While Badlands National Park isn't on this route, the badlands do continue north into North Dakota and Montana, with Teddy Roosevelt NP being one very good example.