Hi Roadtrip America
I am bringing my family (wife and kids aged 13, 10 and 6) to explore the East Coast between August 3 and 25. We have got the use of a flat in NYC (5 days), a friend's house in Washington(3 days) and we want to visit another friend in the Adirondacks (2 days). My wife wants to see Niagara Falls (and the kids will enjoy that too) and I want to see whales feed off the coast near Provincetown. All in 3 weeks.
So may I pose these questions:
1. THe drive from Washington to Niagara looks like a whopper. Is it worth just doing it in a day or is there anywhere to break the journey that will be rewarding?
2. The drive from Buffalo to the Adirondacks looks like a similar proposition. GoogleMaps suggests that both these are 7 hour stretches. To break or not to break?
3. I don't particularly want to see Boston after having spent time in NYC and DC, but the drive from the Adirondacks to Martha's Vineyard is too much. Any suggestions about where to stop?
4. Car Hire. We will pick up a vehicle in New York. Any suggestions of what the best company to use/car to hire/way to approach the problem?
5. Whalewatching - any suggestions?
Thank you in advance for any help