Default Yellowstone to Rocky Mountains NPs - Casper or Laramie/Cheyenne?

I'm currently on the road, started a road trip near Yellowstone and heading back south.

My original route (option 1) to Rocky Mountains NP was going to take me from Yellowstone through Grand Tetons - Riverton and then Casper - Cheyenne (via the I25).

I started wondering about the other 2 options:

Option 2: Riverton, Casper then take the 220-487-30/287 to Laramie and continue to Cheyenne and then Rocky Mountains.

Option 3: Riverton, Lander on the 287 to join the I80 and head for Laramie and Cheyenne.

I'm planning to do that in 2 days, staying therefore one evening in one of those towns.

Any advice on the best route (the most scenic and interesting?)

Thank you!!!

Tucson, AZ

Default Can't Hardly Go Wrong

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Although there are a limited number of highways crossing Wyoming from the northwest to the southeast, any one you pick will be a scenic and enjoyable drive. Which you choose then should reflect your interests. I will tell you that if it were me, and Cheyenne were not a destination in itself, what I would do is to stick pretty much with US-287 from Jackson Hole sown through Lander and Muddy Gap to Rawlins, and then enter Rocky Mountain National Park from the 'backside' via WY-130/WY-230/CO-125 to Granby. Besides the obvious scenery, this route appeals to me for the geography and history. It crosses the Continental Divide a few times (thanks to the Great Divide Basin), and passes by Sacajawea's grave, the Fremont County Pioneer Museum, the Wyoming Frontier Prison Museum, and Saratoga Hot Springs. With two days for the drive, you would have time enough to stop at several of those.