Keller, Texas, United States

Default Driving from Dallas to Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale! any tips???

We're going to Ft.Lauderdale for a wedding next month but decided to make it our family vacation roadtrip with disney included! We're driving to save on flight cost and to add some fun memories to our first family roadtrip :) Any tips on where to stop? sites to see on the way or on the way back? any cost saving tips? I will be traveling with our 5 year old(who has the longest road trip at only 8 hrs) who's traveled to india 3 times. Also have my husband who is a walking quad. I will be doing prob most of the driving so my husband can lay back and not hurt his back on such a long trip. he's pretty great at long drives as well. any tips would be greatly appreciated! fyi the trip to disney is gonna be a surprise for our 5 yr old :) so any suggestion on how to surprise him would be great too!

Joplin MO

Just so we are all on the same page, how much time do you have allotted for this trip? Just so you know, if you need to limit your time in the car to 8 hours a day, it's a 3 day trip each way from Dallas to Fort Lauderdale. If you can stretch this out, you could make Orlando in 2 long days, but not Fort Lauderdale.