1. Default photoshoot roadtrip

hello all,
    i am looking for help in planning a road trip for 5 people in a minivan or suburban type car.
    my wife and i are both professional photographers and will be shooting fashion and glam stuff starting in tampa florida and ending up in new york city.
    this is what i need help with:

1. where can i go online to plan each direction into a three day drive, with plenty of unique roadside attractions. we want to be able to stop for 10-15 minutes and do a quick photoshoot. i know the distance is 1200 miles and each leg can be 400 miles which equates to roughly 6 hours of real driving giving us about 5 hours of shooting.
    if anyone can help or has advice, please feel free to email me at

i don't know how this website works or if i will get an email letting me knowing that i have any responses.

thank you,

email removed per forum policy

Southern California

Welcome to RTA!

We have a good Map Centre right here on the website. However, you could also use a paper map, or series of same.

To us, 400 miles is about a 7 hour drive but only on interstates. If you are on US or state highways, 400 miles would be more like 8 or 9 hours. That's just driving, stopping for food, fuel and restrooms.

My husband and I have just worked out our own east coast trip. Starting in Jacksonville, we are stopping in the area of Myrtle Beach, SC, then in Chesapeake, VA, and finally making it to NJ the next day. The Myrtle Beach to Chesapeake leg is rather short because we are planning to stop at a plantation and possibly the Dismal Swamp.

Joplin MO

If you wish to be notified by email when responses are posted to this thread, click on "Forum Actions" in the black bar at the top of the thread, then "General Settings". Under "Messaging and Notification" you can subscribe to the thread.