1. Default Hunter NY to Montreal

Looking for a great route from Hunter NY to Montreal Canada,and then Montreal to NYC to end the trip. Looking for routes and ideas of where to stop, explore, and stay along the way in this 14 day road trip. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you
    Last edited by Stephlee23; 06-16-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

14 days is a great amount of time for this trip, especially its only about a half day drive to Montreal.

The drive up to Montreal runs through a lot of very tourist friendly areas, through the Adirondacks. Coming back you might look at spending more time in New England. For example, you could go over to Quebec City, down to Maine, and across before going to NY.

These threads might be some you'd find interesting.

3. Default

Thank you immensely!! That is the plan; Hunter to Montreal to Quebec City and down through Maine, the new-england states to NYC. NYC is a second home to me so I dont need to do any planning there, but everywhere else I'm traveling is completely new to me, making this a very exciting first time journey. I see a lot of info for Maine in past forums but I'm looking for any suggestions in other areas on hiking, bed and breakfasts, other places to stay but not camping, and routes. I would do a few historic stops but prefer exploring unfamiliar areas, towns, people, trails, and natural wonders. Do you have any suggestions for routes I should take, and areas I should stay in? Do you suggest staying in fewer places and making day trips, or more stops and nightly changes in accamodations? Your help in planning is greatly appreciated for this roadtrip novice :)
    Stephanie S.