1. Default Photography Road Trip - San Francisco to Vancouver, BC

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be doing a photography road trip July 8-18th from San Fran to Vancouver. We've got a lot of the trip sort of mapped out with places to see and microbreweries to drink at.

But I was hoping the wide knowledge of this forum could help me out a bit. What are the "Not so touristy" things we should hit, but still are popular amongst locals? We want to capture everything we can in those 10 days, and obviously the big popular items are on the list (Redwoods, The Dalles, etc) but being from Detroit, our knowledge is limited to the west coast.

Any suggestions are great. or times of the day to see things. Don't be shy, just shout them out.

Freebee from my homecity: If you ever come to Detroit (you won't get shot), check out Slows BBQ then hit the Detroit Institute of Arts. (One of the top 5 in the nation).

Thanks everybody,

South of England.

Default Some links.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

It would be a big help if you were to share your 'mapped out' route to help narrow down the thousands of possibilities. Any plans to head inland as well ? With the time you have a couple of 'main' options away from the coast would be Yosemite NP, Lake Tahoe, Crater Lake and the Columbia River Gorge. Mount Ranier and Olympic national park would also be on my radar.

The links here and here plus this one should give you a lot of ideas to get started.

Enjoy !

3. Default

The trip up from SF to Van will be done by the coast as much as we can and head inland towards to Portland/Seattle and up to Van.

Then hit more locations on the return to SF staying more inland.

I'm looking at the links now, super helpful. thanks.