1. Default Las vegas from san francisco...

Hi everyone,

I know there are several other posts about this trip - but i thought i'd ask about it anyway!!

Me and my boyfriend are doing a road trip of the west coast in September. Flying into L.A, staying there a few days, working our way up the coast with a few over night stops and then staying in san francisco for 3 nights. After that we are looking to drive from San Franciso (leaving early on the Wednesday morning) to Las Vegas (arriving on the Friday) with 2 nights in between. Ideally we would like to take in Yosemite and Death Valley - but we don't know if this will all be possible! Any tips / routes would be greatly appreciated as this is our first road trip!! Thanks! :-)

South of England.

Default Good news !

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

Yes it is possible ! [Even though an extra night would be better] I would stay one night in Yosemite if possible, or close by such as Groveland or Mariposa. After exploring some more of Yosemite in the morning you cnan head over the scenic Tioga Pass [CA120] and stop around the Bishop area on US395. Next day continue sight seeing through Death Valley on 190 to Death valley junction and take Ash Meadows Road/ Bell Vista Ave into Pahrump and onto Vegas on 160.

While in Yosemite you should try and find time to drive up to Glacier point to the south of the valley. Through Death valley you will see the sand dunes near Stovepipe Wells and Furnace creek is a nice stop for food and a stroll around the museum etc. If you are making good time you could detour from here to Badwater, the lowest spot in the USA ! After Furnace creek you can stop at Zabriske point and take the short walk to the viewpoint.