1. Default Short Road Trip From Ringgold, GA

Hi,
    I just signed up on the site. I would like to know if anyone has a suggestion for a short road trip from Ringgold, GA. My wife and I have just had a new baby (6 weeks ago....that makes baby number 4) and we feel that we need to get out and breathe some fresh air. By the way, we will be taking the kids with us! We aren't too particular about what we do....we just want to get out and about!

Welcome aboard RTA!

If this were me, I would open up a good map of the Eastern U.S. and see what's within 200-300 miles of your home, or less. One thing that immediately jumps out in my brain are "BEACHES!" Kids usually love the beach. (Sand isn't always something I like to clean up, grin. But I know my girls always loved going to the beach.)

But a good map, and poking around this site's many attractions descriptions, may give you lots of other ideas.

Donna

3. Default

After exploring the website a bit, I am finding tons of little short trips to make not far from Ringgold, GA.

Can you be more specific on "short"?

5. Default

"Short" as in not long. Maybe 1/2 to 3/4 day.

Default Other Close By

While I wouldn't argue if you chose a family friendly beach such as Hilton Head, Isle of Palms or Cumberland Island, there are other places that young children could and would enjoy, including Great Smokey Mountain National Park with nearby Dollywood and the other attractions of Gatlinburg; southern Kentucky with Land Between the lakes and Mammoth Cave; or the Mississippi around Memphis with riverboat cruises, Mud Island, the Lichterman Nature Center and other kid-friendly activities and attractions.

AZBuck

Not trying to be a pain in the neck, but is that 1/2 to 3/4 day one way or total? It's going to take you at least 6 hours to get to an ocean beach. You should be able to make it to Gatlinburg and Great Smokies National Park in 3 hours or so. That would make a nice 1 day trip - head up to Knoxville and into the park, and return via Cherokee and US-74.