1. Default NJ to GA- Antique shows/shops, fairs, flea markets?

Hey all,

Will be leaving on a road trip from May 25-31 from NJ to GA. Looking for feedback on any stops we shouldn't miss, particularly antique shows (or shops), state fairs, or big flea markets. Any other landmarks or restaurants you feel shouldn't be missed, please feel free to share. This is our first time taking the trip and we don't want to miss out on anything. Already been to AAA, but nothing beats word of mouth.

Thanks in advance!!

Southern California

Welcome aboard RTA!

You're right about "word of mouth" being a great way to find out about new places. Do you have a route in mind? After all, "NJ" is a bit larger than a peanut, and Georgia is a bit larger than a walnut. So you could be taking any number of routes besides the usual I-95. It would mean different suggestions. We also have different types of folks who roam through the forums and could offer you ideas, too.

As far as restaurants are concerned, my husband and I often ask locally. If we're on the road and do want to eat lunch, we may ask a couple of the attendants at a gas station. When we pull into a motel for the night, we ask at the desk. We've been steered to some wonderful eateries.

Glad you are with AAA. It's a good peace-of-mind when on the road, but also a good resource for paper products such as maps, tour books and Triptiks!