I am planning a 14 day RV road trip with my family of five (kids ages 19, 15, 14) during the two weeks of July. We will be arriving & departing from Las Vegas and traveling in a 40' Class A RV.
Day 1-3 - Las Vegas
- Arrive and stock RV
- Stay either Circus Circus or Sams Town RV Park
- Take in a show
- Bellagio Fountains
- NY NY Roller Coaster
- Circus Circus Free Shows and Adventuredome
- Big Shot at the Stratosphere
- Insanity-The Ride at the Stratosphere
- Walk the Strip
- Travel to Grand Canyon Village
Day 4-5 Grand Canyon (South Rim)
- Stay at Mather Campground
- Tour Overlooks like Mather Point, Yavapai Observation Station
- Hike 16.7 miles South Kaibab Trail & Bright Angel Trail
- Travel to Monument Valley
- Stop at Cameron Trading Post
Day 6 Monument Valley
- Valley Tour
- 17 mile ride
Day 7-8 Lake Powell
- Stay at Wahweap RV Park Lower Campground
- Glen Canyon Dam Overlook (mile 138)
- Tour Glen Canyon Dam
- Power Boat Rental on Lake full day (From Campground)
Day 9 Bryce Canyon
- Stay at North or Sunset (Rubys as backup)
Day 10-12 Zion
- Stay at Watchman Campground
- Rent ATVs nearby state park
- Observation Point and/or Angels Landing
- Narrows (Definite!)
Day 14 – Travel back to Las Vegas
Day 15 – Return RV and return Flight Home
- Is the amount of time I am spending in each area sufficient to really appreciate the sites?
- Is Monument Valley worth the extra drive/time
- Given that I am in RV do I have to take a tour to really appreciate it, given 17 mile road conditions and back country access?
- Are there any stops along route I should not miss?
- I can extend time by staying in Hotels after returning RV versus using RV in Vegas. Just saying this if I need more time to appreciate the NPs or add other must see stops.