1. Default Advice Needed fo 14 Day Vegas to Canyons Loop RV Vacation

I am planning a 14 day RV road trip with my family of five (kids ages 19, 15, 14) during the two weeks of July. We will be arriving & departing from Las Vegas and traveling in a 40' Class A RV.

Day 1-3 - Las Vegas

• Arrive and stock RV
    • Stay either Circus Circus or Sams Town RV Park
    • Take in a show
    • Bellagio Fountains
    • NY NY Roller Coaster
    • Circus Circus Free Shows and Adventuredome
    • Big Shot at the Stratosphere
    • Insanity-The Ride at the Stratosphere
    • Walk the Strip
    • Travel to Grand Canyon Village

Day 4-5 Grand Canyon (South Rim)

• Stay at Mather Campground
    • Tour Overlooks like Mather Point, Yavapai Observation Station
    • Hike 16.7 miles South Kaibab Trail & Bright Angel Trail
    • Travel to Monument Valley
    • Stop at Cameron Trading Post

Day 6 Monument Valley

• Valley Tour
    • 17 mile ride

Day 7-8 Lake Powell

• Stay at Wahweap RV Park Lower Campground
    • Glen Canyon Dam Overlook (mile 138)
    • Tour Glen Canyon Dam
    • Power Boat Rental on Lake full day (From Campground)

Day 9 Bryce Canyon

• Stay at North or Sunset (Rubys as backup)
    • Hiking

Day 10-12 Zion

• Stay at Watchman Campground
    • Rent ATVs nearby state park
    • Hikes
      • Observation Point and/or Angels Landing
      • Narrows (Definite!)

Day 14 – Travel back to Las Vegas
    Day 15 – Return RV and return Flight Home

• Is the amount of time I am spending in each area sufficient to really appreciate the sites?
    • Is Monument Valley worth the extra drive/time
      • Given that I am in RV do I have to take a tour to really appreciate it, given 17 mile road conditions and back country access?

• Are there any stops along route I should not miss?
    • I can extend time by staying in Hotels after returning RV versus using RV in Vegas. Just saying this if I need more time to appreciate the NPs or add other must see stops.

South of England.

Default Solid plan.

I think you have a nice trip laid out. You could spend a week or more at most places listed and still not do everything, but generally speaking you are giving youself enough time to appreciate these natural wonders. Time always goes much quicker than expected and you may not do everything on your list, but you will also find plenty of other things that will occupy your time.

Have you booked Watchman and Mather Campgrounds ? If not it may already be too late ! I would also consider booking Rubys Inn, it's very convenient and options around Bryce may become limited. There are a very limited number of sites that will accomodate a 40ft RV in the NP campgrounds. I would also consider Oasis RV resort in Vegas. Probably more expensive than the others and a cab ride away from the strip but the Kids will love the pools.

Monument valley is worth the ride imo and you will get more from taking a tour, although we enjoyed the views from the top as we only had time for a quick visit. I would'nt travel from GC to MV and back to Cameron on day 5. I would enjoy most of the day at the canyon and along Desert view drive, stop at Cameron and then go to MV on day 6, either spending the day there and a night, or a few hours and continue to Page AZ. That could free up a little more time in Bryce canyon. As you want to do a few hikes in Zion [wonderful place to do so] you consider ATV tours from Bryce. You can book them up in the Rubys Inn complex.

3. Default

You definitely need to see Red Rock Canyon. We went with our kids ages 11,13,and 21. For them, it was there favorite stop because they could really move around. It is beautiful and you can climb on the rocks! For all ages... I absolutely recommend it!

Southern California

I couldn't tell you about Sams Town RV in Las Vegas. However, Circus Circus is a parking lot for RV's with hookups. If you have a pet along (doesn't sound like it), the pet is not allowed to be outside unless you are with him/her. and then must be walked down to the pet area for relief purposes. For us this was a big departure from our norm of leaving the dog chained to the trailer all day while out sightseeing. Circus Circus' only advantage is being right on the strip, with the Strip Trolley available for transportation. If we had an RV now and were to do LV again, we'd probably stay somewhere else.