Default Road Trip Ideas Please

Washington DC to Miami last week October first week November

I ideas about routes etc. would be most welcome and we would also like to catch a sports game along the way

Two 22 year old sports loving lads

Default What sports, what games and where?

Hi, and Welcome to the The Great American RoadTrip Forum.

The first thing you are going to need to do is find out what sports game are on within your time frame, anywhere in that part of the country. Once you have the locations and days of the games which interest you, then it is time to get out a LARGE map of the US, and see what routes would pass by these places.

RTA is all about helping you design your own route. There is no generic route between DC and Miami which we would recommend. There probably are dozens, if not hundreds for you to choose from. When you have the dots on the map and have more questions, by all means ask and the experts will help refine your trip.

Enjoy the planning.

Lifey

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

The direct route would be I-95, the whole way. Of course, that's not the only way you can go, but other options would depend upon what you decide you want to see and do.

When I think sports in the fall, in the southeast, I think College Football (american football of course). You might look and see if the University of South Carolina, in Columbia, or the University of Florida in Gainesville have any home games during your trip. College games are typically played on a Saturday.

There's also the NFL (professional american football) played on Sundays in Washington, Jacksonville, and Miami. The Basketball and Hockey seasons would also just be starting, so those could be possibilities too.