1. Default Long Island to niagra falls with 2 kids 10 and 8

Hi we are planning a road trip from Long island to Niagra falls during the last week of august after the kids are done with camp. Not sure of route to take or how to plan the trip. How many days to alot for driving and to do activities.
    We are thinking of going to Niagra but on way stop at letchworth because it looks beatiful. Then niagra and canada for a day or afternoon not sure what to do there in canada. We just got our passports and want to get the first stamp and take kids to a new country. But not to sure if there is anything to do there. we were also thinking of driving through thousand island region on way home and then to lake placid and to the north pole ny for the kids to see santa. I would like to possible wet a fly line for fish maybe in the ausable or something on trip if time permits. Is this trip doable in a week or so and is there anything anyone here recommends doing that we are missing. Any recommended places to stay? thanks

Default The Canadian Side.

Hi, and Welcome to the The Great American RoadTrip Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by rg1 View Post
    Then Niagra and Canada for a day or afternoon not sure what to do there in Canada. We just got our passports and want to get the first stamp and take kids to a new country. But not to sure if there is anything to do there.
    To many, the Canadian side of the falls is by far the preferred way - but not the only way - to see them. They are illuminated in many colours at night, which is quite spectacular. There is the tour on the Maid of the Mist (on both sides), the tour behind the falls and the Imax theatre which shows a spectacular film of the falls. Very worthwhile seeing. Your children are at a great age to enjoy all these attractions. Further down from the falls, you have the large whirlpools. That's all I can recall just now, but I know there is more. Expect it to be very busy.

You may need to ask for the passports to be stamped, as they do not stamp passports these days. I passed through the border two days ago, and my passport was not stamped on the way out, or back in.

Lifey

Default Other Sights on the Way and There

Besides Letchworth Park, here are some other great venues on the way to the Falls and at the Falls itself. In addition, the quaint and historic town of Niagara-on-the-Lake, north of Niagara Falls would also be of interest to you and the kids.

AZBuck