Me and my friend are planning a road trip from New York to Miami. We arrive in NY on the 5th of July. On August 9th we're flying back to Brussels (from NY). So we have 5 week to spend but maybe by sharing our plans I can give you some suggestions...
* NY 4 nights
by train to Washington D.C.
* Washington D.C. 3 nights
on the road by rental car
* driving the Skyline Drive (170 km) = Shenandoah National Park
* driving the Blue Ridge Parkway (700 km) through the Blue Ridge Mountains
planning 2 overnight sleeps on the road
* arriving in Cherokee (Indian reservate)
3 nights there and taking some activities in the Great Smoky Mountains (rafting, horseriding, hiking, ...)
* Panama City Beach (I read these are the most beautiful beaches of the States)
* Orlando (because I want to see the extravaganza of this "fairy tail world")
* Key West and exploring the other keys
* Miami Beach
drop of car and taking a flight to NY
I've never been to the States before so I can't make any suggestions. :)
Did you already decide where to rent a car? The rental prices are quite expensive... I'm looking for a trustable, good rental company with good prices. We also considered a convertible but the prices are a lot higher than a normal car.
I already booked a hotel in Washington D.C.
Moved your post to its own discussion. Also, new members may not link to off-site, commercial websites.