Bryant, Arkansas, United States

Default Help with Family Road trip from Little Rock, AR area

Our family is considering a road trip for vacation this year. I would love some ideas. There are 4 of us. Two adults and kids age 17 and 13. I am considering maybe Charleston, SC or Tybee Island, GA as the eventual destination, but I am open to absolutely anything. We would like to have a little adventure, enjoy bed and breakfasts and interesting local dining, my son likes history, and my daughter would like to see a play along the way.

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

You didn't say how much time you have, or when this trip would be, which are a big factor. Also to help us narrow things down, what is drawing you to Charleston or Tybee Island? Both could be great ideas, but knowing how you picked them could give us some more insight into what you like.

I will say that bed and breakfasts probably aren't a good lodging choices, as they typically tend to be much more focused on romantic getaways for couples than place that would be enjoyed by families and teenagers.

Bryant, Arkansas, United States

We have a week at the end of July. Charleston and Tybee are interesting because we have not been to that part of the country and we would like to have a little time at the beach. I am leaning toward Charleston because there is probably more to do there. Also, we might want to come home a different route than we go and stop a few places to break the ride up.