1. Default 6,000 Km Roadtrip in 2.5 - 3 Weeks around U.S. Mid West/South/East Coast

Brief summary:

I am graduating from University - as a gift I am getting a bit of money from my parents to use on a trip as such I have a fairly large budget. I have decided to go on a 6,000 km road trip around the US. The map is the link at the bottom of this post. Just trying to get some advice as to destinations and if the route is feasible given the time frame. Based on simple calculations I would be required to drive 350-400 km/day to do the entire trip in 16 days.

I will be doing about 3/4 of the trip alone and the other 1/4 with my dad.

I have posted to other forums where people suggested to go to more 'populated places' such as new york. I am most interested in the actual driving component - not necessarily seeing the most stimulating/populated areas. Anyways. The map is below. Let me know what you think.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Win...mra=ls&t=m&z=5

Default Getting off Interstate.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !!

I have posted to other forums where people suggested to go to more 'populated places' such as new york. I am most interested in the actual driving component - not necessarily seeing the most stimulating/populated areas
    This is what makes RTA unique to other forums. Rather than us telling you where to go based on what we like, we encourage you to research and go where you want to go based on your interests and goals for the trip and then we help piece it together and make alternative suggestions based on your trip, your route. It's your trip, it's all about you !!

OK, so you have your trip outlined and what you have planned out is perfectly doable with the time you have. We understand that the journey is every bit as important [if not more so] than the destination itself. With that in mind, I would recommend to start researching options in between each stage of your trip and start to 'Drop and Drag' that blue line on Google Maps. I'm pretty sure that you will have a much nicer trip if you don't travel from City to City via Interstate, it's getting off onto the two lane Highways and By ways when you really start to discover, but like I say, it's your trip. ;-)

Some folk like City life, some Nature. I prefer the latter but with a mix of the former. I'm more familiar with the west so I will leave recommendations to others, but I would certainly be looking for some National Forest drives, State Parks etc and would definitely be trying to fit some time in for the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Smokey mountains.

Search around the forums and tool bars above. In the Map centre [see Maps above] you can create your route and look for RTA attractions or simply click to find attractions xxx number of miles away from your proposed route.

Enjoy the planning and keep asking questions as you go.