Default Circular route from vegas

Me and a few mates are hiring harleys and doing a 5 day road trip from Vegas. We are from England and expect to be able to cover at least 250m a day on your nice straight roads comfortably. Can anyone suggest a route/ places we should consider seeing please?
    When we get back to Vegas we have 4 nights so nightlife on the road trip is not top concern.
    Cheers

Default east or west

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

We don't really do must sees, and you didn't really tell us anything about what you are hoping to see. Two of the most popular choices would involve going in opposite directions. East, you could head out towards the Grand Canyon, Zion, and Bryce National Parks, while heading west could involve Death Valley, Yosemite, Sequoia, or possibly the coast highway.

Of course, with either option, you should remember that much of the trips would be on 2 lane roads that aren't going to be nearly as straight as fast as a freeway, so the miles may take longer than you expect.

Default Heads or tails ?

As Michael said, it's your call and he has given you the two main options, of which I love both and would say that you can't go wrong with either. However, as a [daft] Brit, I get all 'fuzzy' when I see Harleys rumbling through the Desert west and there is also a small stretch or route 66 through Seligman between Vegas and GC that seems popular with bikers.

With that in mind, I would head north from Vegas to Zion NP and ride the Mount Carmel tunnel out the other side. From here you could head to Bryce canyon, and then down through Page Lake Powell/Antelope canyon, or skip Bryce depending on timing. You could then detour to Monument Valley Tribal park [think John Wayne westerns] before heading to the Grand canyon south rim. Exit to Williams, pick up that section of route 66 and perhaps stop at the Hoover dam on route back to Vegas.

Having said all that, I better mention that Yosemite is one of my all time favoutite places and the ride across the Sierras would be spectacular !! [sorry about that] lol

Default Help!!!

Guys,

I've left this far too late and want to see too much, I appreciate you are not a tourist board but I guess you have more of an idea of what these places are like than me and what's worth visiting. I think we can cover 250m a day and still see stuff although it is looking hot out there-please advise. We would like to visit the following and we have Monday- Friday riding to do so. I fly out Saturday so this is really last minute.com.

Death valley
    Lake havasu
    Laughlin
    Flagstaff
    Oatman
    Kingham
    Grandcanyon
    Hoover dam
    Plus anywhere else in between that you suggest please. I would love to see yosemite, Zion, Bryce and everywhere else you have suggested but I don't think I've got enough time. If I was doing this in England I could cover the whole country in 5 days!!

What do you think?

Default It'll be a great ride.

There is nothing wrong with your choices and if that's where you want to go, I think it will be fine with 5 days. If you headed out through Death Valley and down towards [maybe through Mojave Preserve] Lake Havasu City/Oatman etc and on to the Grand canyon. Coming back You could get on 66 through Seligman to Kingman and then to the Hoover Dam on route back to Vegas.

It's gonna be a great ride whatever you decide, but seeing as you asked what I [we] think, I personally would have opted for the loop through Zion to Monument Valley, Grand canyon, Kingman, [66] Hoover Dam and back to Vegas. It would actually be slightly less in miles too. As I said you can't go wrong and the beauty of the road trip is getting to go where you want to go and you can't beat that freedom !

Have a great trip and please drop by and share some of your trip highlights with us !

Just out of the box here. In Sturgis South Dakota they have a bike rally every year. I was there once. It can get kind of rough though. Just an idea, and it will get you close to Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands. Not to mention Wall Drug.