1. Default Road trip from san anotnio texas to anahein california

I am really need help on ideas for a road trip that I am planning with my family. We have 12 days. 2 adults, w children ages 10-16. Does anyone have any ideas?

South of England.

Default More info needed.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

To start with I have more questions than answers. Is this a one way trip ? What are your interests ? What type of ideas were you looking for ?

There is certainly no shortage of options for you to explore, and with a trip that could be done in 2.5 days [one way] you have time to find some of interest to you as a family. I would suggest you look at a good map of the region and get the Kid's involved in the planning. You will all enjoy it far more if the Kid's have a vested interest in the trip. Once you have some dots on the map we can certainly help to 'fine tune' your route and fill in the blanks.

Carlsbad Caverns, White sands, Roswell, Tombstone, Joshua tree NP are just a few places on a more southern route, or you could head up towards the Grand canyon, maybe Monument Valley, Sedona, Oak creek, or both if it's a return trip.

Have a look around for ideas and keep asking questions as you go.

Tucson, AZ

Default You Do, for Starters

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

There are any number of great sites along any possible RoadTrip that you can imagine, There are historical places (Fort Stockton and Tombstone to name just a couple on your route), scenic wonders (Kartchner Caverns and Joshua Tree National Park), kid friendly museums (Insights in El Paso and the Hall of Flame in Phoenix), unique zoos (Ariona-Sonora Desert Museum in Tucson) and geology (White Sands National Monument), amusement parks (Western Playland outside El Paso and Castles -n- Coasters in Phoenix, etc., etc., etc. The real question at this point is what do you (all of you) want to see and do on the drive, and how much time will you be devoting to the drive as opposed to time being spent at you destination. There simply is no 'one-size-fits-all answer to your question. The people you should be checking with at this point in your planning are mostly "children ages 10-16".