1. Default Road trip from Charlottesville VA to Niagara Falls NY from March 24th to March 27th

We are 2 European students here in Virginia and we are planning a road trip to the Niagara Falls next week.
    We were wondering if you had any tips about our trips, any interesting places we should go to...
    We will stop Friday night in Pennsylvania, in Bedford, for one night. Then we will drive to the Niagara Falls and spend 3 nights there. Then we will drive straight form the Niagara Falls to Charlottesville on Tuesday.

We are looking forward to hearing from you !

Melbourne, Australia

Default Before the crowds come.

Hi Laura, and Welcome to the The Great American RoadTrip Forum.

One thing to consider is that the attractions at the Falls will still all be closed, as will the tours on the boat and behind the falls. They do not open for another month or more. The only place which will be open is the shop / information centre on Goat Island.

On the other hand, it is fantastic seeing the falls at that time of the year, without the crowds and ice still floating down the river and over the falls.

I'm a new member and this is my first post. I know Western New York! If you are just visiting the U.S. side of Niagara Falls, there won't be enough to keep you busy, Lifey is right on seasonal issue. You can do the Canadian side as well. If you are doing that, think about visiting Niagara-on-the-Lake, tho' might be too staid for students. You could travel 25 miles from Niagara Falls, NY to Buffalo, NY. Frank Lloyd Wright's Darwin Martin House interest you? Art galleries like the Albright-Knox or Birchfield-Penney? Night life on Chippewa St. or the Elmwood Strip. I did Buffalo to Charlottesville for vacation last year, you can drive it in one day. Let me know what interests you and I can add more ideas for the side trip.

Tucson, AZ

Default More on the Way

While some of the attractions at the Falls may be closed, the Falls themselves will be in full operation of course. I wholeheartedly agree with MsBuffalo's recommendations for other sights in the area, and here are several more that you can visit on the way up and back.