1. Default Dallas to Myrtle Beach

We are planning a trip from Dallas to Myrtle Beach and would love any suggestions for things to stop and see along the way.
    Also looking for great but budget friendly golf. thanks

Welcome to RTA!

Before we can make suggestions, it would be great to know how long you plan to take for the trip, whether this is round-trip or one-way, and of course, interests.

You could also poke around RTA and see what attractions Catch your eye. Or, get a paper map or atlas and see what's along the way that seems interesting to you. Road trips are personal, and should be made for you.

Donna

3. Default

Thank you so much for your response.
    This will be a round trip in 2 weeks and we would like to return a different route maybe going through knoxville TN.

Default Two Basic Routes, Then

I would take it then, from your stated desire to take a different route back through Knoxville, that you're basically planning to take the more straightforward route east bound - essentially, I-20 all the way to Florence SC and then US-301/501 to Myrtle Beach. I did large chunks of that route a few years back, and some of my more memorable stops were in Gibsland LA where Bonnie and Clyde got gunned down, Vicksburg for both the charm of the city as well as the Civil War Battlefield, and the Mississippi Petrified Forest in Flora just a bit north of the Interstate. I then went a bit south following US-90 and some other roads to visit Old Cahawba outside Selma, FDR's Little White House in Warm Springs GA, and Etonton GA whish is the hometown of the author of the Br'er Rabbit tales.

A good alternative route back would look something like I-26 up to Asheville NC and perhaps a visit to the Biltmore Estate, then US-23/US-441 through Great Smoky Mountain National; Park to Knoxville, and I-40 west through Nashville to Memphis. A nice 'back road' alternative would be to take the Natchez Trace Parkway out of Nashville and then either head west on US-64 making a stop at the Shiloh Battlefield on your way to Memphis. Or you could stay on the Trace down to Tupelo and visit Elvis' Birthplace before using US-78 to Memphis. From there US-50 will take you back home by skirting the southern fringe of the Ozarks.

AZBuck

Buck, is that a typo? US-50 doesn't go anywhere near the Ozarks, much less Memphis or Dallas.

Default Wow

More like a brain freeze. That should be I-40, of course.

AZBuck

That makes a lot more sense! Take I-40 to US-69/US-75 to get back to Dallas.

Default I Think I'm Just Going to Give Up

From Memphis, I meant I-40 to Little Rock and I-30 to Dallas.

AZBuck

Yes, that's the fastest and shortest way - staying on I-40 to US-69 is more scenic. It all depends on how much time you have.