Hi there. I'm new here and just looking for a bit of advice regarding a Roadtrip I am planning in May. I am spending some time in Los Angeles, before picking up a campervan, which we have rented for 21 days in total. I have done a lot of reading on your forums to get an idea of what I aim to do but really want to check for any specific advice or tips.
A rough plan of what we intend to do is.
- Drive from LA - San Francisco via Big Sur
- Spend a couple of days in and around San Francisco
- After San Francisco we aim to head to Yosemite for a few days before heading towards Yellowstone NP. However I gather that a lot of Nevada is pretty much a lot of nothing. Is the best idea just to head to Reno and then straight accross to Salt Lake City? Or am I missing something?
- Once in Yellowstone we plan to spend a few days here before heading down to the Grand Canyon for a few more days.
- We then aim to have a one night stop over in Las Vegas before heading back to drop off the campervan in Los Angeles and fly to New York.
As you can see my plan is fairly vague and this is partly because we want to keep our options open. Before we get too committed to any ideas, we just want to know if this is a realistic distance to be covered in 21 days. Our main aims are to see San Francisco, Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon, and above all spend as much of the trip as possible driving down some of the most scenic roads America has to offer.
Any advice which will help us do this would be greatly appreciated.