1. Default Houston to New York

Driving from Houston to NY soon any tips I should know about never did this before a little worry about safety and if I can do this alone. I heard the roads can be a little tricking and the mountains can be a little rough. Help a little worry and I would like to know if there is any hotel I can stay for the night would rather drive in the day than at night.

South of England.

Default Interstates.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

As long as you allow yourself enough time for the trip, get a good nights sleep in the safety of a Motel room each night and keep an eye on weather forecasts and road conditions, you will be fine.

Interstates are a priority to keep clear and all are built to certain standards that mean gradual curves and gradients for the biggest of rigs. If you want to get off Interstate and do a little sight seeing, be aware of conditions.

Make sure your vehicle is in good shape and up to date with servicing, tyres, brakes, fluids, windshield wipers are topped off and in good condition [including spare tyre and tools to change it] and your good to go.

It would be a minimum of 3 days travel to do safely and if you can give yourself a little more 'wiggle' room if needed, even better.