1. Default Flying into Vegas

Hey guys, I am in the DC area and will be flying into Las Vegas on March 18 (sunday). I will rent a car and I was planning to camp the entire week in Death Valley NP. I am flying back on March 24th (Saturday).

My interest for the trip is camping and photography. I was wondering if I was missing some other scenic areas close to Vegas that I can check out. Desert Wildflowers? Scenic landscapes?

Feel free with the suggestions! Thanks.

South of England.

Default Link.

Hi dinesh, How's it going ?

I'm sure Mark and other Locals will chime in with a few hidden gems, but have you stumbled across this page that contains good ideas for the area.

I've not been to Zion in March, but it's a wonderful NP to stroll in and for photography.

The Netherlands

There's a fair chance you'll find wildflowers in march in Joshua Tree NP at the lower elevations. But it's more than 4 hours to get there from Las Vegas and an overnight stay is advisable and camp in the NP. Then you can drive to Death Valley NP via the Mojave National Preserve again ( little chance on wildflowers there) via 29Palms, Amboy, Kelso, Baker and Shoshone. An added bonus are places like Amboy with Roy's Cafe along National Trails hw (R66) and Kelso Depot visitor center and museum.