Default Chicago-Pittsburg-Toronto in 8 day?

planning a trip in may and I'm thinking 1 day traveling to Pitt and then 2 full days there. go up to the falls on day 4 and stay in Toronto that night. Then 3 days in Toronto and get back to Chicago on day 8? Has anyone done this trip. I originally had a day in Cleveland on here but pulled it off. Also it will be myself, my wife and 1yr old daughter.

Default I love the emerald city!

First, I absolutely love Pittsburgh, so the two full days will be memorable. Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip. I've certainly traveled on all of the roads that you're probably considering, but not as one continuous trip. Here are some suggestions of places to see when you're at the Falls.

And here are some tips from AZBuck for route suggestions that might work for you.

Mark

also, just to make it interesting, we have 8 days to make a road trip from Chicago. Perhaps we should head down south.? We love the outdoors and nature. I am also a beer brewer so am looking for breweries and beer festivals.

sweet, I am going to absorb as much info as I can. This site is awesome!!

Default Lots of options

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcl View Post
    also, just to make it interesting, we have 8 days to make a road trip from Chicago. Perhaps we should head down south.? We love the outdoors and nature. I am also a beer brewer so am looking for breweries and beer festivals.
    Eight days using Chicago as a hub has lots and lots of options. Just a few to whet your appetite:

Heading south from Chicago

Sugar Loaf is brewery you probably know

I keep losing my web connection -- I'll try again tomorrow.

Since you like breweries -- I suggest you put brewery into the search box at the top right corner of any page on RTA. We've written short articles about several of them. but this is one you might consider putting on a road trip at some point.... (if you've not already been there). The National Brewery Museum in Potosi, Wisconsin

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sedenquist View Post
    Ok, I was born about 2 blocks from there and I didn't even know that used to be a brewery! I've even read that article before, and I've driven past the building many times.

Of course, they haven't actually made beer there since the late 1960's, and the building has been a crafts store for a long time now.