Default Ca. Here we come

Heading to Lancaster Ca from NJ Late Junes 2012 Jersey Tpke to Pa tpke 76 to Ohio Tpke 70 then to rt 44 to 40 to ca. Plan to take day off around Tulsa, don't know whats there. we are in no hurry. heading to our sons house for a week. any ideas would be appreciated.. Thanks Ron1937

Joplin MO

It's considerably shorter to pick up I-70 directly off the PA Turnpike at New Stanton, which is east of Pittsburgh. This doesn't even get you close to the Ohio Turnpike. Even if you ARE in a hurry, you are looking at 5 days minimum for this trip.

There is a lot to see along this whole route, but I can't think of anything really noteworthy in Tulsa. What are your interests?

We are in no hurry to get to ca. I just figured Tulsa is about half way and thought maybe a good place to take a day off. Our intersts are just about anything.

South of England.

Default Making it your own.

I would recommend you take a look at a good map of the USA and do a little research into places that might interest you more than others. A trip across the country will open the door to thousands of attractions and in all honesty, it doesn't make much sense to me to pick a place that you know nothing about, for a "day off" because it's "about half way", especially when you say you are not in any real hurry in the first place.

The Grand canyon would be an obvious place to suggest visiting but to make this trip memorable you really need to have some input. For example, I would be looking at continuing on I70 through Colorado, perhaps taking a side trip to Rocky mountain NP, the Colorado National Monument and into Southern Utah and Moab near Arches and Canyonlands before heading into Arizona via Monument valley to the Grand canyon and then connect with I40. If it's a round trip this could be an option as a different route coming back.

You can use the Map centre or 'Wizard' to find attractions all along your chosen route to help out. [Place your cursor over 'Members' in the green tool bar above.]

The beauty of planning the road trip is making it your own unique experience and having the freedom to go as you please. Being in 'no hurry' means little in all honesty, a week, a fortnight, a month ?? Once you have done a little poking around and have a few dots on the map and an idea of time scale, we will be in a better position to offer meaningful suggestions.