1. Default San Francisco to Vegas via Yosemiti

Having never visited the USA I am hoping to do so in September. I want to fly into San Francisco spend a few days before moving onto Yosemiti for a few more days before moving on again to Vegas. I have no idea how best to plan/book this if anyone can offer any good advise on how to make this a great experience, I would love to here from you.

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA forum!

The trip you are talking about doing is far and away the most discussed trip idea on this forum, with thousands of threads on the subject. I would strongly suggest you start simply by spending a little time browsing this forum - these threads are a good place to start - and then once you have a basic understanding and have some specific questions, we'll be glad to help.

3. Default

Ok thanks I will do

4. Default To pre book or not to pre book?

I've just started planning my two week trip, spending 3 days in San Francisco, driving to Yosemittii & spending 4/5 days there before moving onto Las Vegas for the remaining time. My dilema is should I pre book my accomodation or will I be able to find it as I go?

Moderator Note: Please don't create multiple threads about the same trip.
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 02-14-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Merged Threads

Melbourne, Australia

Default Booking or winging.

Booking or winging it is very much a matter of personal preference. Some travellers prefer the security of knowing where they will be at day's end. Others, myself included, prefer to see how far we get, stop at will, and take whatever accommodation is available.

That said, there are some excemptions. If you want to stay in a NP, it is virtually essential to book ahead. Accommodation in Parks is limited, and much sought after. Often all places are taken within hours of the bookings opening. Similarly with destinations in large cities and at holiday times.

And of course much depends on what type of accommodation you are seeking, as well as the season in which you are travelling.