We are three 40+ Australians planning our first RV trip.
Arriving in Chicago on 6 May from Sydney Australia, our only plan parameter thus far is to leave Chicago in a C30 on 10 May and drop off in Vegas early June 2012.
We would like to have some fun along the way – not necessarily side-show carnival (hurl ur tummy spinning stuff) but a laugh and a few social drinks making new friends along the way. We have 4500M to burn up in our lease so that should be plenty to get from point A to Z.
All Ex-Military and current law enforcement so can be trusted (well we are sport mad Aussies!), and understand we are possibly eligible for discounted stays at some RV parks.
Need ideas and suggestions from the forum. We are definitely not looking to do extended hiking trails treks ! We are more a helicopter view team !!!
• Being sport minded would like to go to a baseball or football match along the way.
• Car enthusiasts so the best auto museum to visit.
• Music festivals (to dance like no-body watching).
• Must partake in a Cajun cooking class down south.
• RV park stays preferred where we can swim in either a river / creek or by the sea-side (Surf).
Your input is greatly appreciated in advance.