1. Default Centralia, WA to Colorado Springs, CO

Hey guys! I just have a few questions about my upcoming trip to Colorado.

I was planning to take I5 south to Oregon, then head over to the I84 and then I80. (Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, then down to CO)

This will be my frist road trip (of that distance), going to visit some friends over spring break, so I still have a couple months to plan everything out. How will the weather be? Washignton always has really mild springs, but the other states? Snow / ice?

It would be March 25th - April 1st.

Would be be better to go through I5 up to I90, then the montana way?

What should I bring with me?

I have a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT, 2WD.

Thanks, Aaron.

**Also, I was going to stop in either Twin Falls, ID or Salt Lake City, UT for the night, depending on how I feel.

South of England.

Default Two overnights recommended.

Hello and an apology for a rather late, Welcome to RTA !

Unfortunately nobody can predict the weather so far in advance and you will only know just prior to leaving. Of course you can get some averages by looking up climate data for areas you are interested in. The weather, along with any sites that might take your fancy along the way to visit will determine what's best for you at the time of travel, although 84/80/25 would be the quickest according to my mapping program.

It's a heck of a drive for just two days and way beyond what we would recommend attempting to do in that time. SLC really is too far in a day when you have to follow it up with another long day. Twin Falls will leave you too much to do safely on day 2, so basically I would stop in Twin Falls and be prepared to stop for a second night and finish the journey on day 3. If you were to do that, I would consider taking an option 3 and head down to I70 from I5 south of SLC via US 6/89 as I70 is often referred to as the most scenic Interstate in the USA.