1. Default LV, Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Yosemite, SF

Hi, I am currently planning a trip to LV, Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Yosemite, SF and I am looking for some advice on the itinerary. I have searched through the forum, but most of the routes between death valley and the yosemite suggest the the Southern route. I am the only driver so feeling a bit apprehensive about the distances involved. I have driven longish distance but never more than 7 hours in one day, but that was driving on the lefthand side of the road and in a manual car.

We are travelling in Mid June and are current itinerary is as follows:

Fly Las Vegas- stay 2 nights
    Drive to Grand Canyon- stay 3 nights
    Drive from Grand Canyon to Death Valley -stay 2 nights
    Drive from Death Valley to Yosemite, via the 395 if open, otherwise the southern route - stay 5 nights
    Drive Yosemite to San Francisco

Would really appreciate feedback on whether this is does doable?

Many thanks

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

For the most part, this is a very relaxed pace. The only real long drives you'll have will be GC to Death Valley, and DV to Yosemite if you have to take the southern route. Even there, they are certainly drives that can be done in a day.

Really, you could easily add in several more stops. For example, you could head up towards Zion in Utah, or hit Sequoia on your way to Yosemite. That would mean less time at some of your other stops, and that might not fit your personal style, but that is something to think about.

South of England.

As said, it is a very relaxed pace and if that suits your style then it's the way to go. Even if you don't want to add to your current itinerary you could easily break your your trip from DV to Yosemite into 2 days and still have plenty of time. If Tioga pass is open you could stop around Mammoth lakes and spend a bit of time next day at Mono Lake and exploring along Tioga. If you have to go South you could stop around Lake Isabella or Visalia and take a trip through Sequoia NP as suggested by Michael.

With 3 nights around Grand canyon you could consider a trip out to Monument valley also. Driving in this part of the world is pretty relaxing and doesn't feel like a chore as you watch the scenery go by. The journey can be as rewarding as the destination !

4. Default

Thanks a million for the welcome and the advice and suggestions. We will have a look and a think about the additional stops you mentioned as we may of been a bit too cautious in what we could cover in the time.