1. Default Trip from San Francisco to yosemite,las Vegas then back up west coast to sf

Hi.just looking for some advice on routes,weather in march,places to stay for a trip from sf to Yosemite then to Vegas,then the best way back to Santa Barbara then back up the coast to sf.we have around 2 weeks for the trip.
    Thanks

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

You may want to reverse your trip, so that you are heading south down the coast, and the ocean will be on your side of the road.

Also note that in March, Tioga Pass will be closed (or at least it should be, but this has been a record breaking year already...) so your options to get between Yosemite and Vegas would mean going around via Bakersfield or going up to the Tahoe area and across.

Otherwise, this is far and away the most discussed loop on the forum, and you can find many more ideas here to get you started until you have a more specific plan and more specific questions.

Hi.just looking for some advice on routes,weather in march,places to stay for a trip from sf to Yosemite then to Vegas,then the best way back to Santa Barbara then back up the coast to sf.we have around 2 weeks for the trip.
    Hi Timpage, we're doing similar route in March. You might find some useful info on my thread - it starts Advice if possible.

The guys on this fourm have been a great help! I can't help you with directions but maybe can help with places to stay, not that i've been to any that i'm about to mention, however i've done alot of research. We're travelling as a family of 4.

We're staying in Oakhurst (Best WEstern ) nr Yosemite. We did look at the Yosemite Bug which looks like a fun place to stay, but you need to book early.

We're then heading to Kernville (nr Lake Isabella) The Kernville Lodge

Then on to Stovepipe Wells, Death Valley

Then in Las Vegas we're staying in the MGM Grand Signature - these are privately owned apartments and are very reasonably priced compared to Bellagio, MGM Grand etc. We're gone for the penthous suite (38th flooor!) You are able to use all of MGM grand's facilities, pools etc

In Santa Barbara we're staying at El Capitan Canyon for a spot of glamping in cabins.

That's it so far. Hope it helps.