I am new to RTA and a long roadtrip. I've only been on roadtrips that lasts 3-4 days in the summer but this time I want to go on a 2 week long trip in the next few weeks. I will be leaving from Indianapolis 12/20/11 and hoping to be back around 1/3/12. I want to spend the new years in somewhere fun since I had a rough year so I was thinking of spending it in Grand Canyon but I am not sure if it would be possible. So the questions I have are:
1) Recommendations for places to visit from dec.20th - jan.3
2) What I should be aware of being on the road during the winter?
3) Estimated cost of a 2 week long roadtrip for 2-3 ppl?
4) Whether spending the new year in Grand Canyon would be possible if I want to be back in Indianapolis by Jan.3rd?
5) If I do go to Grand Canyon, should I take one of the guided tours or sightsee on my own?
If you have any other suggestions for me on going on a roadtrip during the winter, I would greatly appreciate it. I am realyl nervous about travelling in the winter since I haven't done this before.