Jersey City, New Jersey, United States

Default Washington state roadtrip

Next year probably in July I want to take a 9 or 10 day roadtrip in washington and also i want to visit vancouver.I will fly from NYC so maybe i should fly to vancouver and then drive to seattle?In washington the must see places are seattle,olympic national park and la push..I would be thankful for any kind of help.Is if very impossible to visit yellowstone national park?Is here someone who is seriously interested?

Tucson, AZ

Default Where and How

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

That's a lovely area with plenty to keep you engaged for a week and a half. First, I'm sure that you will find it much easier and cheaper to fly into/out of Seattle than Vancouver. International flights are simply more expensive and less frequent, with fewer competitors on a route. Also renting a car in the U.S. is generally cheaper than renting one in Canada due to the tax structure. Pretty much every rental agency in Seattle will allow you to take the car into Canada with no further paperwork, but make sure. The one thing you won't be able to do is rent the car in one country and leave it in another.

Besides the places you mention, I'd also recommend my favorite city in the region, Victoria. You can get there by taking a ferry from Port Angeles on the Olympic Peninsula and then continue to Vancouver by another ferry from Swartz Bay to Tsawwassen. Those are a bit pricey, but well worth it in my opinion.

Southern California

You may also be interested in seeing the Grand Coulee Dam, and traveling along the Columbia River Gorge. Also, Mt St Helens is in Washington State and definitely a beautiful and interesting spot.