1. Default Everett, WA to Jersey

Hey everybody, my names Matt, and I was looking up some stuff about road trips, in anticipation of the road trip we have coming up in a few weeks, and I stumbled upon this site.. Which is awesome btw, that interactive maps that finds attractions.. That's just cool!

Alright, well I guess a little background, I'm from NJ, my brother is stationed out in WA.. We did this same exact road trip about 16 months ago except.. to washington we pretty much winged it, programmed the GPS and started driving... , we had an amazing time, we went down through Oklahoma to see some friends, TX, AZ, and back up through CA... stopping in San Fran, and of course some sight seeing in Seattle. So now I'm flying back out, that we are driving back, we are taking a more direct route, I-94, and I-90 I wanted to see if anybody has any experience with these routes, and if there is any places along the way that we should totally stop at.. We are debating Yellowstone.. Not sure what else?

Edit: Just realized I spelled "Everett" wrong.. If a mod could fix that, I'd appreciate it.

Melbourne, Australia

Default Limited access to Yellowstone.

Hi Matt, and Welcome to the Great American Road Trip Forum.

Whereas I have made that journey a couple of times, it has always been in summer, so my information will probably not be much use to you. However, you may like to note that tourist services in Yellowston pretty well close down by the end of September. I believe, you will still be able to drive through some of the park, though some of the roads may be closed by snow. It could pay to check out their website.

Some of the things I enjoyed along the way are the Badlands, WallDrug in Wall and the Corn Palace in Mitchell. You'd have to check if these are all open in November. Another option is to take I-25 into Colorado and check out Rocky Mountain National Park (that part which will be open), as well as some of the great attractions further south, around Colorado Springs.

Joplin MO

Not only will the tourist services in Yellowstone be closed down, almost ALL the roads will be closed to wheeled travel.

November 7—all park roads closed to the public at 8 a.m. except from the North Entrance to Upper Mammoth Terrace, and Mammoth via Tower Junction to Northeast Entrance. Cooke City via Colter Pass to the Long Lake gate is not maintained for wheeled vehicle travel.